Sunday, August 22, 2010

Saturday - Garage seal, Home Depot and Plans

My Get Shit Done list is huge - seriously.  I keep it on  an Excel Spreadsheet, tasks separated room by room.  Each room or area has a sub-list. Lest anyone think I'm Miss Organization? I'm SO NOT.  I have ADHD.... I wish!

At any rate, I do have periods of hyperfocus.  When that happens, I used it to the fullest extent possible, whether it's  weeding or beading or making lists.    In one of these periods, I created my GSD list.

Yesterday I started or completed several things.  I painted the spare room door to match all the others.

Materials used:

Wash rag
Small bucket
TSP to clean/prep it
An old towel for a drop cloth
A paint roller
A Purdy brush to paint around the door knob
A paint tray
Paint
Saran wrap for the roller and paint brush in between coats
A Stanley phillips head screwdriver to  loosen and the reattach the door knob

Job took a total of 1 hour.  This has been irritating me for  >> 4 years<<! What a lesson in Just Do It.


I prepped and began fixing the concrete seal between my driveway slab and the lip of the garage.  A few days ago I chiseled out some of the cracked patch cement, pulled away the old, gooey seal and then filled what I could with reach Great Stuff foam. http://greatstuff.dow.com/ I really hate how that stuff is almost uncontrollable and sticks to every damn thing, BUT it's aces for filling gaps and cracks. Yesterday I trimmed the excess away with a utility knife, loaded my caulk gun with Quicrete concrete repair went to it. Suffice to say that hard to squeeze that stuff out is an understatement!  I'm not a wimp, but I finally gave up and used the edge of a step to push the caulk gun handle and spread the concrete seal stuff with a putty knife.  It's ... okay, but it wasn't  enough to really do the job well.  I needed something that would be flexible, easier to work with, and would fill larger gaps.

Time for a trip to Home Depot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment