Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Today's xkcd comics says it all... FTS.

Clicky linky here:  
http://xkcd.com/137/


We have to get IN the game if we want to BE IN the game.  Show up and listen. Stand and be heard. Speak for others if they call strongly to my heart, my core. If I want to grow until the day I choose to leave this paradise, I need to learn something new every day.  If I'm truly fortunate, every hour.  I want to stop sleepwalking.


Strange what a little bit of dental nitrous will do to my philosophical outlook.

Yup.

FTS.

Project tomorrow - chisel and clean out the expansion join seal and break up crumbling concrete door slab. Mix up hydraulic cement.  Fill Hole. Lay first bead of expansion joint goo.  Should be a rockin' good time in my flannel!


But I won't doing doing the "little Sister Plod Along song" any more.  When things get too surreal, I'll watch my blind and deaf cat Helen as she finds new and creative ways  toss, throw and push crap off my desk,  nibble on electrical cords...HEY! GIMME THAT.  Right ... watchin' Helen bumble around happy as can be makes me feel fortunate.  Fortunate that she's one of my teachers, and also because she is my feline companion/familiar/buddy... and maybe I'm hers!

No comments:

Post a Comment